Special Needs Program
The one hour weekly class will include 45 minutes of dance instruction followed by 15 minutes of socialization time with students, parents, instructors and peer buddies.
- Opening Song and Roll Call to engage listening and speaking/social skills
- Warming Up & Stretching
- Over, Under, Around & Through Obstacle Course to promote spacial awareness
- Across the Floor steps to promote large motor skill development and agility
- Learning dance choreography to a set song that they will practice every week
- Closing Game
- Peer Buddies will assist the teachers and students with class curriculum
Dance Instructor Miss Leanna Forcucci-Herron has been teaching dance for 25 years and has her BA in Child Development and Family Studies
Inclusion Facilitator Miss Robin Hogerhuis has her MS in Special Education and her MA in Applied Behavior Analysis. Miss Robin is also the mother of two children with special needs.
We are starting back up our classes for special needs dancers on Friday, February 1st. All dancers enrolled in the February session of classes will be invited to perform at the Mardi Gras for Autism event hosted by Bourbon Street & Fullerton Cares.